QUESTION: I noticed we changed the name of our church website. Are we still a Calvary Chapel?
ANSWER from Pastor Tucker: Absolutely. While our website recently got a much needed refresher, including a more “familiar” name, in no way does the update change who we are as a church. All of our core values and Calvary Chapel relationships remain intact. Think of it this way: calling our website Calvary Boise instead of Calvary Chapel Boise is like calling me Tucker instead of my given name, Thomas. I am the same guy either way, but Tucker is how friends and family know me. Yes, we are still Calvary Chapel Boise, but Calvary Boise is just easier and tends to be what our church family calls this body of believers.
QUESTION: Do we still broadcast our sermons on TV and radio?
ANSWER from Pastor Tucker: No. After much thought, prayer, and discussion we recently decided to discontinue broadcasting our Sunday sermons. A number of factors influenced the decision:
- Many amazing local preachers fill the airwaves with the Gospel. We are confident that the people who are blessed by TV and radio preaching will still be served by other gifted teachers.
- With the rise of free digital media like podcasts and online video streaming, it has become increasingly difficult to justify the high price of TV and radio. When we started the TV/Radio Ministry nearly two decades ago it was the best way to get the Gospel beyond our church walls. That is simply no longer the case, and we believe it is time to allocate resources accordingly.
- We are eager to help members of the fellowship become more tech savvy. We know that not everyone uses digital media and our staff members are here to help get you started. If you found our Q & A page, it will be easy for you to find our online sermons. Let us help. If you know of others who struggle to even get this far, have them call us. Anyone with a smart phone, Ipad, or computer can access our sermons at their convenience. We also have CDs of Saturday night’s sermon available at the Welcome Center all week long.
QUESTION: Why did we remodel the lobby?
ANSWER from Pastor Tucker: We remodeled the lobby for two reasons:
- We wanted the space to become more functional. We now have an enlarged and improved Welcome Center where visitors can get all their questions answered and members of our church family can discover more about ministry opportunities. We also have a focused fellowship area designed to create an inviting place for friendly conversations, small group gatherings, and the breaking of bread.
- The timing was right. In 2017 we sold land to the Ada County Highway department for the widening of Franklin Road. Our bank designated that the money from this sale had to be used for property improvements. So, we used the proceeds to remodel our lobby, and also to partially fund upcoming parking lot improvements and a new family area on the west side of the sanctuary for young and growing families.