DAILY PRAYER REQUESTS
AUGUST 8, 2017
You are near, O Lord; and all Your commandments are truth. -Psalm 119: 151.
Our human nature balks at being told what to do---even when the orders come from our Creator. This is another trap of the enemy, designed to draw us away from our true purpose and God's good plan for our lives. The fact is, truth is liberating. So are boundaries. When we all try to go our own way chaos prevails. When we function within well-defined parameters our path is precise. So, is its destination. Following God's great command to love Him and love people carries us into the center of our Lord's perfect will. That, is a very good place to be. So today, as you pray, praise God for His commandments. May they set the standard for all we do.
- Please pray for Stephanie and her family. Her mom is in hospice and they have to make a lot of difficult decisions. Pray for grace, wisdom, and strength.
- Please pray for Keith who has esophageal cancer to be miraculously healed. Pray too for his elderly mother, Ann, who is having a hip replaced. They have surgeries this week within a few days of each other.
- Please continue to pray for Elsie, Pastor Tucker's grandmother, who is 89-years-old and needs a heart valve replacement. Pray that she will be able to get a non-invasive surgery and that doctors would schedule it soon. Pray that there would be no complications and that this experience would draw her into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- Pray for Eddie. He is dealing with extremely difficult and painful challenges. Pray for God to move in his family.
- Pray for Sara. She has had a difficult life. Pray that the hope of God would cover her. Pray for her to make God her greatest love and focus.
- Please pray for Ellie, a new Christian who asks that God will enable her to surrender her worries about finances, job security and car to Jesus our faithful Provider.
- Cindi asks us to please pray for her daughter Heather had a small stroke a few years ago, is on Coumadin and has a heart monitor implant. Recently her leg swelled. While doctors did not find a blood clot they did not find any other cause. Please pray that the Lord provides the answers and that He will be glorified in the situation.
The following are anonymous requests:
- Pray for a spiritual revival, as I am feeling dry.
- I am a newcomer to Boise who is seeking to get involved in a church group. Pray for divine appointments and the right connections.
- Pray for wisdom as I progress in my course addressing addiction.
- Please pray that through the Lord I find full-time employment and also that I find and fulfill my calling.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. - I John 5:14-15