Our goal is to nurture a child's trust and confidence by providing a tender, secure, and loving environment. Our aim is that each child will experience the love of our Lord Jesus through our caregivers.
Our nursery room is located in the center of the preschool building. In order to provide a clean and safe environment for your child, we have a regular cleaning schedule that includes washing blankets, sheets, toys, cribs, and maintaining an organized room. We provide snacks (animal crackers, etc.) for children who are able to eat solid foods. Please let us know if your child has any food allergies or does not eat solid foods by telling the nursery staff and noting the information on your KidCheck account.
Don't have an account? Create a free login at www.kidcheck.com.
The nursery room is staffed with staff and volunteers who serve on a rotating basis. To insure safety and optimal care we seek to uphold a ratio of 1 caregiver for every 2-3 infants, and 1 caregiver for every 4-5 toddlers. If we have reached our capacity, or our caregiver-to-child ratio is exceeded, we may ask a parent to volunteer (with limited responsibilities) under the supervision of our staff.
In order to provide continuity and stability in the nursery, we have a Nursery Lead who will be available during services. Our aim is to provide the best spiritual, emotional, and physical care possible, and to uphold godly standards in all interactions with your child.
Our nursery is a well-baby nursery. Keeping children healthy is a team effort between our parents and nursery caregivers. We ask that you do not bring your child into the nursery room if he/she has any of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours:
• Signs and symptoms of possible illness – unusual lethargy, uncontrolled coughing or wheezing, difficulty in breathing, or persistent crying or irritability
• Skin rash – unless doctor's note is supplied stating it is not contagious
• Runny nose – green or yellow mucus from nose associated with the common cold
• Head lice
If any of these symptoms are apparent, the caregivers will ask you to keep your child with you to avoid exposing other children to infection.
When you sign your child in to the nursery, you will receive a pager with a number corresponding to the sticker we place on your child. If your child is crying and we are unable to calm him or her down within 10-15 minutes, we will page you. The pager will vibrate to notify you. Please have it in a place where you will notice the vibration.
• The cry room is available for you to continue viewing the service with a fussy child.
• For the safety of each child, whoever picks up the child after service must present the pager and the KidCheck guardian receipt to the nursery worker in order to pick up the child.
THINGS TO BRING
• At least one diaper (for sanitary reasons, we require disposable diapers)
• A bottle or cup with drink already mixed
• Special snacks if your child has allergies (Please notify the nursery workers of specific allergies)
• A change of clothes (for accidents)
• A pacifier or special blanket, if desired by child
Please mark all items with your child's name.
You will be contacted immediately if your child has been noticeably or significantly injured (e.g. a bump or bruise forms or the skin is broken). The Nursery Lead will fill out an accident report and the Nursery Director will be notified.